Confirm the availability of good water for construction work through water supply or by doing bore well. Ensure that the bore well water is equal to the drinking water standard or get the water tested in the laboratory. Avoid using hard or salty water as it is harmful to construction work.Check the availability of electricity connection to look after the construction work properly.
Fix the floor level of the building according to the level of adjoining building, flood level, and road level before making the agreement. The floor level should be 2 or 3 feet high from the road level. In case the height of floor level is not mentioned, the contractor tries to maintain the lower floor level to save the time and material cost and earth-filling hassles.
After completing thepreliminary steps for construction work, try to contact a good contractor of the area keeping in mind the following requirements.
- He is easily available.
- He knows the problems of the area very well.
- He can easily employ extra labor in emergency because his labor is usually working nearby.
- He can pay more attention to the work as he remains in the same area for all the time.
- It is very easy to know about the behavior, the dealing and the progress of the work from the house owner whose construction is currently going on.
- You can easily evaluate the quality in work or progress in work if the contractor belongs to the same locality as you are.